Tuesday 17 July 2012

Permission for a night party from Parents

When I was told by my friend that we will have a party which will held on our friend's home who is living in an apartment, the very first thought in my mind was how to make my parents to allow me to go there?
He told me that he has contacted all old friends and you are the only one who is to be confirmed. He told me that the party will start at about 12:00 am and in morning we all will go in our homes. I have never went in such parties before.
The Anxious Moment:
What happen when someone calls you and your father or mother receive it? The same thing happen with me,
My friend call me to come downstairs and he was so stupid that before even recognizing who is on the other side he says about the topic, that was my father. My father after hanging the phone in an interrogative mood, ask me; Do you know this guy his name is ________? I answer in affirmative and told him that he is my friend. He told me that your friend is waiting downstairs, I got dazzled I don't know why he call me downstairs and when I get to know about the night party at my friend's home. It hit me in my mind that Dad will no give the permission. Although dad never said me no in the past as I never ask him about that before. I got anxious and moreover my friend added spice on it by saying that he told my father in the phone about that. At that moment I made in mind and tell him that I will not coming and went back to home.
When I reach up my dad and mom were both waiting for me for the dinner. I was quite and not speak a word, My mum ask me how is the dinner? I replied with a little pause and said it's good. My father ask me what he said? (as I know he will ask) I told him that he is arranging the party. My father ask me when is it and who is coming. I told him this Saturday( not tell about the time) . He said that You want to go? then you can go. He further added, at what time you will go? I don't know what to say but then I revealed the timings and a Big No was waiting to hug me.
Plan B- Negotiation
After getting straight no for the party, I told to myself that I was prepared to hear that. But then a ring rong happen in mind!
Why not do some negotiation. But going for that approach I ask with my friend that Is it possible to start the party early as the problem is of timings and I my self leave the party about 1:00 am whereas you people may proceed it. He said that no problem. And further more I told him that I will confirm you about my presence in the party a day before. He reply the same. I on the same night went to my father who just came in to home after a walk which he usually go after dinner. I told him that my friends have decided that we will start early for me because of the timings and I will come to home before 1:00 am.

And surprisingly Plan B works out...
I am totally fine that My father don't give me the permission at first but happy to hear Yes for the same thing.
I don't know why he said no and I even don't want know about it, all in all I am happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment